Thursday 20 October 2011

Review : Serpent's Storm by Amber Benson

Serpent's Storm (Calliope Reaper-Jones, #3)Serpent's Storm by Amber Benson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I  have absolutely loved reading the Calliope Reaper-Jones series. Amber Benson has creatively used aspects from the supernatural, mystical, religious and mythical. Serpent's Storm is the third book of the series, and over the three books, Calliope and her friends, have traveled to hell, purgatory and heaven.
The dynamics between the characters are beautifully written. Calliope's struggle between leading a normal life and her far from conventional family is consistent throughout. Her relationship with her evil sister Thalia is complex, and will she be able to save her and the families supernatural business Death Inc. In each book Calliope has grown from strength to strength and I do hope there will be a fourth book, because I'm sure there's more adventure ahead.
In my opinion.. Death's Daughter, Cat's Claw and Serpent's Storm are definite page turners.

No Spoilers Intended

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment